Saturday, September 25, 2010

Home?


The saying goes that home is where your heart is but what if, like me, you feel as though your heart belongs to two places?

My husband and I have just returned “home” from Paris, as in we have just returned “home” from “home”. Over the past week I have run through a range of emotions: everything from being elated at seeing the familiar and to sleeping in my own bed, to overwhelming gratitude for the experiences I had in France, and to an aching emptiness at the thought of not seeing my beloved Paris for another year.

It was an incredible fifteen days. And though I didn’t use a computer to write while in France, I blogged every day in long hand. Over the next couple of weeks I will transfer my words from the page to the screen starting with the week we spent in the South of France and finishing with our eight days in Paris. More than in my usual postings, my writing will feature my husband, Chris, and he will also be writing a guest Blog in the next couple of weeks.

One of the most important things I learned from our trip is that while I may have two homes, the only home worth giving my heart to is the one where Chris lives. Chris and Paris will always be the two great loves of my life.


No comments: